Thursday, September 15, 2011

Socks

Scene: One person is on stage dancing (Barbara) she dances for a few minutes and then another person, Steve, approaches the stage.

STEVE: Hey Barbara, how’s it going?
BARBARA:
(still dancing)
Not great.
STEVE: Oh... that’s too bad. But, hey, somebody got some new socks, didn’t they? eh, eh?
BARBARA:
(still dancing)
Oh, these old things?
STEVE: May I borrow them?
BARBARA:
(Still dancing while attempting to take off her socks, hopping on one foot)
Sure... just don’t get all your gross germs on them. You gotta save that crap for my smoothie.

Barbara stops dancing, she hands him the socks and he puts them on while talking to her.

STEVE:
(as he puts the socks on he starts dancing)
So, what’s bothering you?
BARBARA: Oh, I was just thinking about the insignificance of the mundane vapid reservoir of human emotions and the meaninglessness of existence.
STEVE: (dancing)
What about it?
BARBARA: Well, it’s awesome. But while I was thinking about it my dad called and said he needed a new kidney.

STEVE:
(dancing)
Oh, really? I’m not using mine. Do you want one?
BARBARA: Well, I just ate.
STEVE:
(dancing)
Don’t be silly, Barbara... girls don’t eat.
BARBARA: Oh, sorry, I use the word "eat" to mean have sex with strangers.
STEVE:
(dancing)
No worries. But no, I didn’t mean as a snack, I meant do you want to use my kidney to give to your dad?
BARBARA: Oh yes, please! How generous
STEVE:
(dancing)
Seven generous.

Steve lies down on the floor, writhing around doing sort of an upside down worm while Barbara ties a surgical mask on and begins to perform kidney surgery. But it's difficult for her to cut Steve because he won't stop dancing.

BARBARA: Steve, this is really difficult to do surgery like this.... I mean, I hate to be a bitch, but my parents raised me-
STEVE:
(dancing on the floor)
What?
BARBARA: Maybe you shouldn’t wear my socks while we're doing this... since they look much better on me.
STEVE:
(removing the socks)
That’s fair.

Steve hands the socks to Barbara who puts them on and starts dancing.

BARBARA:
(dancing)
Now hold still.

A man or woman in a white robe comes in.

GOD: Hey kids
BARBARA AND STEVE:
(barbara is still dancing)
Hey, god
GOD: Listen kids, you’re being very loud with all this surgery
BARBARA:
(dancing)
Yeah, I know, right?
GOD: Yeah, it’s awesome. I was thinking we should make a stomp band.
STEVE: What’s stomp?
GOD: Don’t be that guy, Steve! Nobody likes the guy who doesn’t like stomp!
STEVE: Oh, I mean, like, yeah I’ve heard of it.
GOD: Oh you have, then what is it?
BARBARA:
(dancing)
It’s-
GOD: NO! Let Steve answer! Let him answer on his own!
STEVE: It’s um... music that is like... indie, alternative, with um...Daft... Punk.
GOD: Barbara, give me your socks.
BARBARA:
(takes socks off)
Um... Okay

Barbara hands socks to god. God puts them on and starts dancing.

GOD:
(dancing)
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment